Tuesday 10 January 2017

#35 Bake more, bake new things


Well I have baked more!
I made two cakes last weekend!



A baby shower cake for my cousin, her bump is cleverly hidden in the above photo.
I haven't made a fondant covered cake in forever and ever.
I realised how much I missed making the figurines.
I realised how little I missed rolling the fondant for the covering of the cake


And the second, a sweetie cake for Aubrey.
Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream covered in sweets.
The children have decided this is the new tradition for birthday cake and everyone wants one for their birthday.
It was very easy and every single scrap was eaten!

Oh and Aubrey was 11!
11!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Aubrey :) And chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream is de rigueur in our house. Your children have excellent taste! Of course, it isn't as show-stopping as your gorgeous fondant creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fondant cake is adorable, the elephant and giraffe are so sweet. The chocolate cake sounds yummy. Happy Birthday Aubrey, eleven is awesome. You have taken the word bake to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are quite an artist when it comes to fancy cakes! I'd never attempt those! Hard to believe Aubrey is eleven; has time jumped forward a few years? Happy Birthday to a cute 11-year old! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling cake! I had never heard of fondant until my DIL started using it for cupcakes. She is getting to be the cupcake queen at the boys' school! The chocolate cake looks too yummy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cakes. Your sweeties chocolate cake would be a big hit around here too!

    ReplyDelete